Amadeus Discover Privacy Notice
Last update – March 2022
Amadeus IT Group, S.A., Salvador de Madariaga 1, 28027, Madrid, Spain, (“Amadeus”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal data it collects and processes through Amadeus Discover for Travelers, the different interface(s) provided to Travelers in connection with Amadeus Discover Platform, and to act in compliance with applicable data protection legislation in its processing activities. We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose personal data (information that identifies you as an individual).
This Privacy Notice does not apply to personal data that may be collected or processed by Amadeus when you visit www.amadeus-discover.com and which is subject to a separate privacy notice.
This Privacy Notice is also independent of privacy notices that Channels, Aggregators, Providers of Activities may give to you, as independent controllers, in connection with your usage of Amadeus Discover for Travelers and/or the booking of any Activity.
2. Who is the data controller of your personal data?
Amadeus Discover for Travelers is accessible through Channels and offered by Amadeus to facilitate the booking of activities. The data controller of your personal data is Amadeus IT Group, S.A., Salvador de Madariaga 1, 28027, Madrid, Spain. You can contact us at email@example.com.
3. What personal data is processed, how is this personal data collected, for what purposes it is processed and under what legal basis?
We develop our services with the goal of using the minimum amount of personal data possible. Amadeus collects and processes personal data when you, as a Traveler, access and use Amadeus Discover for Travelers following your interaction(s) with the Channel(s) and in particular when you:
- a. visit Channel’s website in which Amadeus Discover for Travelers is embedded,
- b. receive e-mails from Channels including a link to Amadeus Discover for Travelers;
- c. scan a QR code available at Channel’s facilities redirecting you to Amadeus Discover for Travelers, and/or
- d. reach out to the Channel’s receptionist to receive recommendations of Activities and provide your details to receive a link to Amadeus Discover for Travelers by e-mail or SMS.
As a result of your usage of Amadeus Discover for Travelers, we may process personal data we collect directly from you, or personal data we are provided with by third parties such as the Aggregators and Activity Providers, in connection with your usage of Amadeus Discover for Travelers.
Each of the parties you interact with in connection with your usage of Amadeus Discover for Travelers (either Channels, Aggregators and ultimately Providers) will be responsible for giving any relevant privacy notices and informing you about how they will process your personal data. To understand more fully how your personal data is processed and who it is shared with in the processing of your personal data, we recommend you read the privacy notices of such third parties.
Personal data collected directly by Amadeus
Moment of collection
Details of the purpose
Technical information about you which may include (i) geolocation data (ii) IP address, (iii) login information, (iv) browsing behavior and browsing information, and (v) devices and operating system
To understand how you use our Amadeus Discover for Travelers, identify usage trends and improve our services and the experience provided to you.
Security and fraud prevent purposes for example by identifying and correcting faults or areas of improvement.
Consent to the activation of cookies Legitimate interest. We consider any possible impact (both positive and negative) on you and on your rights before processing your data for our legitimate interest.
As a result of the chat services (Whatsapp) provided as part of Amadeus Discover for Travelers.
(i) phone number; (ii) destination city ; (iii) traveling profile (alone, with family); (iv) preferred activities.
To suggest you the list of relevant Activities based on your trip profile. We will give you the option to stop the service at any time by sending STOP to the chat.
Performance of contract
When Travelers contact us by e-mail for support services and/or as described in the section ‘Contacting Us’ of this Privacy Notice
(i) name, (ii) address, (iii) e-mail address, (iv) telephone number, (v) records of correspondence and (vi) any other information
To solve your problem and to respond any queries that is raised with us.
Performance of contract
Collected and/or received from third parties
Moment of collection
After the Traveler books an Activity listed in Amadeus Discover for Travelers through an embedded widget or on any Aggregator’s website, Amadeus may receive personal data relating to such booking from the Aggregators and/or Provider, as applicable.
(i)Traveler’s contact information and (ii) booking details (date and place of Activity, number of participants, price paid, etc.).
We consider any possible impact (both positive and negative) on you and on your rights before processing your data for our legitimate interest
Furthermore, we may process your data mentioned above for complying with a legal obligation we are subject to.
4. Who is the personal data shared with
We share your information only upon your request, where it is necessary for the provision of Amadeus Discover Platform or where we need to for legal reasons. Amadeus may disclose your personal data to, among others:
– Amadeus affiliates, who, due to the nature of the services Amadeus provides as a global travel technology supplier, may be located in any location around the world. These Amadeus affiliates, which provide services necessary to support Amadeus in the provision of the services described in this Privacy Notice (security, R&D, operations) will process personal data for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice in order to provide Amadeus Discover Platform and related services.
– An affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
– Legal, financial/accounting service providers, and other similar professional advisers;
– Third party service providers, business partners, suppliers or subcontractors (‘’Amadeus Subprocessors’’), who provide Amadeus with different services to support and provide Amadeus Discover Platform. You can find the list of Amadeus Subprocessors used in connection with Amadeus Discover Platform through the following link: [To come].
– Other third parties, if necessary:
- Under applicable law including laws outside your country of residence;
- To comply with legal processes as required by law, subpoena or regulation;
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- To enforce our terms and conditions;
- To protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates;
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and
- To permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
When such disclosure takes places, Amadeus requires the appropriate technical and organizational security measures to be in place to protect personal data, and for personal data to be processed lawfully. Amadeus only allows affiliates and third-party service providers to use personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with Amadeus’ instructions.
Further information on the affiliates and third-party service providers that Amadeus uses to process personal data on its behalf can be requested by using the contact details found in the ‘Legal rights’ section of this Privacy Notice. When requesting this information, please make a reference to information about affiliates and third-party service providers so that the relevant information can be provided.
5. International transfers of personal data
When Amadeus shares personal data with its affiliates and third parties as stated in ‘’Who is the personal data shared’’ section above, this may involve transferring personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). When personal data is transferred to another country, we ensure that it will continue to receive adequate protection through contractual or other arrangements put in place with affiliates and third-party service providers. For these transfers at least one of the following appropriate safeguards will be implemented:
- Personal data will be transferred to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; and
- Standard data protection clauses and any applicable additional safeguards, where applicable, approved by the European Commission which give personal data transferred the same protection it has in EEA.
Further information on the appropriate safeguards used when transferring personal data outside the EEA can be requested through using the contact details found in the ‘Legal rights’ section of this Privacy Notice. When requesting this information please make a reference to the transfer of personal data outside the EEA.
6. Data security and integrity
Amadeus has taken the appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect personal data from loss or unlawful processing. When personal data is processed on behalf of Amadeus, access is limited to those who require access on a business need-to-know basis. Personal data will be processed in accordance with the instructions of Amadeus and those who have access are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Amadeus has in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify individuals and any applicable regulator of a breach where they are legally required to do so.
7. Data Retention
Amadeus retains personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
8. Data subjects’ legal rights
Channels, Aggregator and Alentour also collects personal data from Travelers. We recommend Travelers to contact these third parties to whom they provided the information directly, with any issues or requests they may have relating to personal data.
Under certain circumstances, you can exercise rights under data protection laws (right to access; right to object to or limit processing of certain data; right to request information; right to erasure of your data). You may exercise these rights relating to your own personal data or contact Amadeus for other data protection related questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or writing to our Chief Privacy Officer at Amadeus IT Group, S.A. C/Salvador de Madariaga 1, 28027 Madrid, Spain.
For security reasons Amadeus may require authentication of your identity and may require additional information to confirm that the rights that you may have under data protection laws are being exercised correctly.
9. Your right to file a claim before a supervisory authority
Amadeus intends to carefully address any request and/or claim from you, as well as carefully process personal data. You are entitled to file any claim or complaint before the relevant data protection authorities if the answer provided by Amadeus does not meet your expectations.
We’ll review this Privacy Notice from time to time to make sure it is up-to-date. The latest version will always be available on through the Amadeus Discover Website. This Privacy Notice is published by Amadeus IT Group S.A. The date it was last updated is shown here: March 2022.