Amadeus Discover Privacy Notice
Last update – March 2022
Amadeus IT Group, S.A., Salvador de Madariaga 1, 28027, Madrid, Spain, (“Amadeus”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal data it collects and processes, and to act in compliance with applicable data protection legislation in its processing activities. We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose personal data (information that identifies you as an individual).
Who is collecting and processing the personal data?
This Amadeus Discover Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes how Amadeus processes personal data when you visit and use Amadeus Discover Website (www.amadeus-discover.com), including when you access the connection page to create an account to use Amadeus Discover Platform.
Amadeus Discover Website provides information about Amadeus Discover Platform, a digital platform developed by Amadeus for the distribution of experiences, tours and activities (“Activities”). Amadeus Discover Platform (and relevant services) is offered to hotels, destination organizations and other travel industry stakeholders (‘’Channels’’):
• Worldwide, directly by Amadeus under the brand Amadeus Discover; and
• In France, indirectly by Alentour under the brand Alentour.
Amadeus Discover Platform enables Channels to promote and recommend relevant Activities to individuals (“End-Users”) and facilitate the booking of such Activities.
Amadeus Discover Website also redirects you to the Amadeus Discover connection page in order to enable you, as an employee, agent or independent contractor acting on behalf of Channel (“Authorised User”) to create and connect to your Amadeus Discover Platform account.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to personal data that may be collected or processed by Amadeus for other purposes, including but not limited to the provision of other travel technology services to Amadeus customers and which is covered under the relevant privacy notices.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to personal data collected through the usage of the Amadeus Discover Platform by End-Users which is subject to a separate privacy notice.
What personal data is processed and how is this personal data collected?
We develop our services with the goal of using the minimum amount of personal data possible. Amadeus collects and processes personal data: when you visit Amadeus Discover Website to obtain information about Amadeus Discover Platform including, if you are an Authorized User, when you register to use and access Amadeus Discover Platform.
• If you use any of the contact forms available on Amadeus Discover Website, we may collect information about you, including (i) name, (ii) e-mail address; (iii) company you work for and (iv) any other personal data you may include in your message.
• If you decide to create an account to use Amadeus Discover Platform on behalf of a Channel on the Amadeus Discover Platform connection page, we will collect personal data relating to you as the Authorized User(s) who will oversee the access and use of Amadeus Discover Platform on behalf of Channel. This information includes (i) name, (ii) surname, (iii) professional e-mail address and (iv) phone number and will be used for the purpose of creating the account and managing the relationship with Channel and you. If the account is created on behalf of a Channel based in France, the personal data relating to the Authorised User will be collected by Alentour and shared with Amadeus for the performance of the services which have been requested.
What is the personal data used for and what is the legal basis for processing?
• Performance of the contract
The processing of the personal data by Amadeus is necessary to provide the services requested by the Authorized User, acting on behalf of Channel (subject to Amadeus Discover Terms and Conditions for Channels). We use the personal data collected from Authorized Users when creating an account to use the Amadeus Discover Platform on the Amadeus Discover Platform connection page to:
– provide our services to Channels;
– communicate with Authorized Users in connection with the services provided to Channels through Amadeus Discover Platform, including to send important information regarding Amadeus Discover Platform; changes to our terms and conditions, policies, and/or other administrative information.
• Legitimate business interests
– We may use and share your personal data based on our legitimate business interests in order to (i) facilitate the provision of Amadeus Discover Platform, including to develop, improve, optimize, enhance the services provided to End-User, for example, by offering Activities that we believe are relevant to End-Users, and (ii) for security and fraud prevention purposes, for example, by identifying and correcting faults or areas of improvement of Amadeus Discover Website. Where personal data is processed for these purposes, the privacy impact on the individual whose data is being processed will be considered and this processing would only be valid insofar our interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms.
– Amadeus may also use your personal data for research, analytical and statistical purposes, to identify preferences, interests and trends and other activities in the travel and/or hospitality industry, and to identify products and services that may be of interest to individuals on the basis of the legitimate business interest of Amadeus. Personal data used for analytical purposes is derived from personal data, but when it is used it is in anonymized and aggregated form. Amadeus may share your personal data in aggregated and anonymized form which cannot identify individuals with other third parties for analytical purposes.
Who is the personal data shared with?
We share your information only upon your request, where it is necessary for the provision of Amadeus Discover Website or where we need to for legal reasons. Amadeus may disclose your personal data to, among others:
• Amadeus affiliates, who, due to the nature of the services Amadeus provides as a global travel technology supplier, may be located in any location around the world. These Amadeus affiliates, which provide services necessary to support Amadeus in the provision of the services described in this Privacy Notice (security, R&D, operations) will process personal data for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice in order to provide Amadeus Discover Website and related services;
• An affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
• Legal, financial/accounting service providers, and other similar professional advisers;
• If necessary:
– Under applicable law including laws outside your country of residence;
– To comply with legal processes as required by law, subpoena or regulation;
– To respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
– To enforce our terms and conditions;
– To protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates;
– To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and
– To permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
• Third-party service providers, business partners, suppliers or subcontractors (‘’Amadeus Subprocessors’’), who provide Amadeus with different services to support and provide Amadeus Discover Website and the Amadeus Discover Platform connection page.
When such disclosure takes places, Amadeus requires the appropriate technical and organizational security measures to be in place to protect personal data, and for personal data to be processed lawfully. Amadeus only allows affiliates and third-party service providers to use personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with Amadeus’ instructions.
Further information on the affiliates and third-party service providers that Amadeus uses to process personal data on its behalf can be requested by using the contact details found in the ‘Legal rights’ section of this Privacy Notice. When requesting this information, please make a reference to information about affiliates and third-party service providers so that the relevant information can be provided.
International transfers of personal data
When Amadeus shares personal data with its affiliates and third parties as stated in ‘’Who is the personal data shared’’ section above, this may involve transferring personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). When personal data is transferred to another country, we ensure that it will continue to receive adequate protection through contractual or other arrangements put in place with affiliates and third-party service providers. For these transfers at least one of the following appropriate safeguards will be implemented:
• Personal data will be transferred to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; and
• Standard data protection clauses and any applicable additional safeguards, where applicable, approved by the European Commission which give personal data transferred the same protection it has in EEA.
Further information on the appropriate safeguards used when transferring personal data outside the EEA can be requested through using the contact details found in the ‘Legal rights’ section of this Privacy Notice. When requesting this information please make a reference to the transfer of personal data outside the EEA.
Data security and integrity
Amadeus has taken the appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect personal data from loss or unlawful processing. When personal data is processed on behalf of Amadeus, access is limited to those who require access on a business need-to-know basis. Personal data will be processed in accordance with the instructions of Amadeus and those who have access are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Amadeus has in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify individuals and any applicable regulator of a breach where they are legally required to do so.
Amadeus retains personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Under certain circumstances, you can exercise rights under data protection laws (right to access; right to object to processing of certain data; right to request information). You may exercise these rights relating to your own personal data or contact Amadeus for other data protection related questions by emailing email@example.com, or writing to our Chief Privacy Officer at Amadeus IT Group, S.A. C/Salvador de Madariaga 1, 28027 Madrid, Spain.
For security reasons Amadeus may require authentication of your identity and may require additional information to confirm that the rights that you may have under data protection laws are being exercised correctly.
Amadeus intends to carefully address any request and/or claim from you, as well as carefully process personal data. You are entitled to file any claim or complaint before the relevant data protection authorities if the answer provided by Amadeus does not meet your expectations.
We’ll review this Privacy Notice from time to time to make sure it is up-to-date. The latest version will always be available on Amadeus Discover Website. This Privacy Notice is published by Amadeus IT Group S.A. The date it was last updated is shown here: 30 September 2021.